woensdag 22 augustus 2012

Alexander Büttner: "Pinch me in the arm, I am dreaming"


All right, ManU have been busy in the transfer market; they bought Angelo Rodriquez, Robin van Persie, Shinji Kagawa and Nick Powell. All of which made sense. Than I saw this news: Alexander Büttner to Manchester United.
Butt… who?

I blinked and read the message again. Alexander Büttner to Manchester United. Wait, maybe he is going there as a supporter and wants Wayne Rooney or his compatriot RvP to sign some autographs. Or just a silly joke? But, no, it’s for real.

Only two years ago I heard about this guy who used to play in the foreign legion of Merab Jordania’s Vitesse Arnhem. I later found out he was a Dutchman instead of a wandering German. He was a hot topic when he made the pre-selection of the Dutch Euro squad. A desperate call for left back players had gone out, after Erik Pieters faced a hamstring injury just as manager van Marwijk picked his players for his infamous system.

1 opmerking:

Totaal aantal pageviews

Blog over opmerkelijke gebeurtenissen in de sport